We specialise in providing advice to small to medium business in all aspects of business law including formation and structure advice, reviewing current structures and taxation consideration (both state and federal). We assist clients as their business grows with shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, unit holder agreements including buy/sell agreements to ensure the business is protected in the event of mishap. We also provide advice when winding up a business or negotiating a release from business.
Business Law is a broad area of law and we also provide services in the areas of;
1. Buying and selling a business; often a complex process and requires our specialised lawyers to identify all the issues that may ensue. We provide services to prepare a suitable contract to transfer the name, good will, premises, plant and equipment to provide advice regarding restraint of trade issues, GST and CGT ramifications, employee considerations and to ensure stamp duty is calculated and paid within the required timeframe.
2. Setting up the deeds for discretionary trust, unit trust, hybrid trusts and customising the deeds if necessary;
3. Setting up self managed super funds, updating rules where necessary, changing trustees, limited recourse borrowing documents;
4. Advice regarding Personal Property Securities Register;
5. Employment law advice associated with business sales and purchases.Click here to enquire about Business Law